Meeker Cooperative Light and Power Assn is accepting applications for a fulltime Broadband Install & Service Technician. MCLP is an electric and VIBRANT broadband cooperative located in Litchfield, MN, and bills about 9,300 accounts monthly.
Meeker provides both fixed wireless and fiber service. Some of the most important job skills include:
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Install network components and fiber equipment.
- Educate and advise subscribers on products and technical matters.
- Recommend appropriate service offerings and hardware installation location.
- Ensure subscribers connections are operating correctly.
- Troubleshoot quality of service issues.
- Splice fiber with the use of mechanical or fusion splicing.
- Installation of posts or poles, as well as burying wire for internet service drops.
The successful candidate should:
- Operate tools and vehicles with a thorough knowledge of all safety rules and regulations.
- Have the ability to maintain accurate records, as well as develop reports, sketches, and drawings.
- Have the ability to interpret diagrams, sketches, reports, and other plans.
- Have the ability to lift up to 70 pounds and climb ladders to work in high places.
- Have the ability to work nights and weekends, as required on an intermittent basis, and be available for Standby rotation.
- Have, or be able to obtain within 6 months of date of employment, a Class A certified driver’s license. (preferred)
Computer skills should include use of:
- Google Maps
- Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to learn industry software
Training: High School diploma or GED is required; completion of classes from a vocational-technical school a plus. At least three (3) years of related experience or any combination of training (preferred).
Submit resume and 3 professional references by August 31, 2023, to:
Meeker Cooperative Light and Power Assn
Attn: Mary Alice Holm
1725 US Hwy 12 East
Litchfield MN 55355
Meeker Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer