Meeker Cooperative Light and Power Assn is accepting applications for a full-time Broadband Installation Technician. MCLP is an electric and VIBRANT broadband cooperative located in Litchfield, MN, and bills about 9,100 accounts monthly.
Some of the most important job skills include:
- Install network components and fiber equipment.
- Educate and advise subscribers on products and technical matters.
- Recommend appropriate service offerings and hardware installation location.
- Ensure subscribers connections are operating correctly.
- Troubleshoot quality of service issues.
- Splice fiber with the use of mechanical or fusion splicing.
- Installation of posts or poles, as well as burying wire for internet service drops.
The successful candidate should:
- Have the ability to maintain accurate records, as well as develop reports, sketches, and drawings.
- Operate, with a thorough knowledge of all safety rules and regulations, tools, and vehicles.
- Have the ability to interpret diagrams, sketches, reports, and other engineering plans.
- Have the ability to diagnose service wire and branch circuit faults.
- Have the ability to work nights and weekends, as required on an intermittent basis, and be available for Standby rotation.
Computer skills should include use of:
- Google Maps
- Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to learn industry software
Training: High School diploma or GED is required; completion of classes from a vocational technical school a plus. At least three (3) years of related experience or any combination of training (preferred).
Submit resume including salary history and 3 professional references to:
Meeker Cooperative Light and Power Assn
Attn: Angie Neisinger
1725 US Hwy 12 East
Litchfield MN 55355
Meeker Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer