Live In Comfort For Less With The Co-Op’s Energy Management Programs
wo ways to save with your Co-op!
Reduce your energy use
By using energy efficient HVAC equipment, LED lighting, a super-insulated Marathon water heater and EnergyStar appliances, you can gain greater efficiency, so your energy dollar goes further. For more information and tips on reducing energy, you can check out EnergyWiseMN for great tips and information on energy efficient home ideas.
Reduce your electric rate through our Energy Management Programs and Rebates
Did you know that our Energy Experts are always on hand to discuss your specific energy needs and ways to cut energy use? They aren’t salespeople, but experienced energy pros that can recommend programs to fit your needs and budgets, as well as programs, rebates and contractors to get the job done. Give them a call today at 320-693-3231. Or you can check out our Programs and Rebates yourself.
Other Energy Saving Tips
- Monitor your energy use with SmartHub to watch your energy use habits/trends
- Seal your home’s envelope by checking insulation levels, adding weather stripping and caulking air leaks.
- Schedule routine maintenance by having a contractor clean your HVAC equipment and change filters
- Switch your faucets and shower heads. Hot water use can account for 30-40 percent of household electrical usage. Install a Marathon Water Heater and go on the Co-op’s Peak Shave Program to cut your electric rate nearly in half.
- Replace incandescent lights to energy-efficient LEDs.
- Recycle old, inefficient appliances and replace them with new EnergyStar models.
- Unplug televisions, stereos, computers, monitors, and cell phone chargers when they are not in use.
- Limit the use of additional space heating unless you turn down the rest of the home and only heat the rooms you use the most. Space heaters can add significantly to the electric bill.
- Consider the additional appliances you use, such as animal water dish heaters, garage heaters, beer fridges, etc. They can be more expensive than you realize.