Meeker Cooperative Light and Power Association is accepting applications for an Energy Management Technician. MCLP provides electric and broadband services and bills about 9,100 accounts. Meeker is located in Litchfield, MN.
The successful candidate will
- Serve as an energy advisor for new home construction and retrofit conversions for the installation of Meeker Cooperative’s energy management programs
- Have knowledge of residential and commercial heating and cooling equipment, water heating, agricultural equipment and more
- Have the ability to estimate operating costs and cost comparisons between electric, gas, and other equipment
- Have a thorough understanding of energy management methods, energy conservation and efficiency programs, energy auditing, distributed generation, and the ability to explain/recommend such programs to customers and contractors
- Be able to perform maintenance and inspection of energy management installations and the ability to respond to member billing questions
- Evaluate and monitor energy use during peak use times and be responsible for instituting load control as needed on a rotating weekly schedule.
The successful candidate must have strong communication skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office software, and the ability to learn new software applications.
Interested candidates should email resume with three professional references and salary history to WorkAt@meeker.coop or by mail to Mary Alice Holm, Executive Coordinator, Meeker Cooperative, 1725 US Hwy 12, Suite 100, Litchfield MN 55355; open until filled.
Meeker Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer